And So The Story Ends

Good Morning World and thanks for tuning in to the penultimate post day here on Planet Magnet. After this post there will be only one more and that won’t be for a couple of weeks as I tell the story of my walk along Britain’s oldest Road.

That means this is post number 499!

Bundesstraße_499_number.svg

Quite an incredible feat but one that I suppose I am quite proud to have achieved.

I have always said that I would share my life with you guys for the next 499 posts, after which I would walk the Ridgeway for the Charity HENRY and make my 500th and final post about that very walk.

It is hard to consider the person I was when I started out on the journey. Some people don’t even recognise me as I have changed so much physically, others don’t recognise me because I have changed so much mentally.

Regardless of which is more significant I think we must all agree that since my surgery and subsequent life change, this person…

Back Camera

With My Mum!

Is no longer anything like this person….

IMG_4015

If we consider way back when I started this little blog after advice to do so, I was incredibly unfit, unhappy, lonely, I was letting life pass me by and I was disengaged.

No more though.

What a difference 18mths and the help and support of medical professionals and all of you guys here on Word Press who come to read my words every day. Some of you read quietly and fly under the radar and some of you read and comment and encourage. Regardless of which camp you fall into, I appreciate you all so very very much and I thank you all very much from the bottom of my heart.

You guys have made the incredible challenge of 499 posts a possibility and I am so happy that I have completed what I set out to do I think all I need do now is wish myself Bon Voyage, Bon Chance and Bon Temps for the next week of walking. You will be able to follow my updates on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram…..

So until I write and publish the story of my walk, I shall leave you with these words from T.S Elliots Little Gidding (pointed TO me by Osyth from Half Baked in Paradise but here mixed up by ME) and hopefully they will sum up all I have been trying to say…

“To make an end is to make a beginning so always remember last years thoughts belong to last years language whereas next years words await another voice”

So ’till the last time,

P.S. Don’t forget to follow this link and donate to my just giving page.

70 thoughts on “And So The Story Ends

1. merewoman says:

All the very best, Cameron. You have every reason to be proud of yourself. Wishing you the kindest weather and the gentlest paths, wonderful sights, peaceful nights and memories to treasure.

2. spearfruit says:

Though I have not followed from the very beginning, I am fortunate to have found your blog and spend the past couple of months to get to know you Cameron. I look forward to your future journey and wish all the best for your future. Good luck on your walk, I will look forward to the Tweets along the way. Hope your day, weekend and the rest of your life is a happy one! πŸ™‚

3. theturtle says:

Your lovely mom must be so proud of the work you’ve put into regaining your health back and what an incredible lot you have accomplished πŸ™‚
    Have a great walk Cameron , we’ll be “walking” right beside you πŸ™‚
    Turtle Hugs

4. Meritings says:

Good luck with the walk Cameron and thank you for sharing your journey with us. I look forward to the 500th post and to any new blog after that. Now come on everyone………if you haven’t yet donated to Cameron’s huge effort……DONATE NOW.

5. fattymccupcakes says:

Friend, I can honestly say I will miss you quite a bit! Your posts light up my mornings. Your positivity is such an inspiration. YOU are an inspiration. Wow. Not only are you looking damn good, you are a healthier, stronger you. Congrats on everything and I can’t wait to hear about your walk! Good luck and ENJOY!

6. White House Red Door says:

Cameron, you are incredible! Thank you for sharing your journey with us… your honesty, recipes, stories, and passion are an inspiration. I’ll miss seeing WBFM posts in my reader, but hope to find you posting somewhere else in cyberspace. Good luck and enjoy the walk. Hugs to you and Archie!

You have inspired many along the way now, it IS the time for the final chapter and the new book to begin. I’m very glad you enjoyed the Elliot. He has helped me through many phases in my own life. I’m proud to know you. that is all πŸ™‚

8. milliethom says:

Fantastic achievements,Cameron, in both your life and fitness and in reaching 499 blog posts. To post every day, takes some doing. I can only congratulate you on the changes you’ve made. Just comparing those two photos should make you very proud of yourself. I don’t think the’ former you’ would have given the walks you’re about to do a further thought. Well done!

9. Gill says:

Good luck with all your new ventures, whatever they may be.
    Not that luck has anything to do with it. As you will now know, we all make our own luck and you have taken one of life’s biggest obstacles by the horns and mastered it.

I am quite inspired. Oh, by the way, are you having to beat off potential suitors with a stick these days?

Thanks Gill and I wish I was having to beat the suitors away but no, I am still as lonely as the big old bear I once was.
      I dream of meeting someone but it never happens.
      Anyway, glad you are inspired and stay tuned for the new ventures…. πŸ™‚