What Direction Do I Take Now…

Mixed Emotions I feel.

Good Morning world and thanks for tuning in to another day here on Planet Magnet.

It’s weird to think that this is one of the last times I shall ever write these words….

What way do I go next?

What direction does life hold for me?

I would like to say that everything will be plain sailing but I doubt very much that it will because lets face it nothing ever is.

However.

Over the past 18months of blogging and self assessment, peeling the layers away one by one, I have learned that I can now cope when things don’t go my way .

I don’t have to eat my own body weight in chocolate buttons or drink my own blood levels in full fat coke or alcohol.

I am able to cope with these things simply because I have been given a tool that allows me to eat less and I have been given a second chance at living an ordinary life where I eat vegetables, prepare EVERY meal from scratch and no longer eat chocolate and sweets orΒ  drink alcohol and soda pop in anyway near the amounts that I used to.

Life is really good and that is because I have taken it back.

Everything that I have done, you can do to.

Don’t forget I was a lost and lonely mid forties single man with no prospects ahead of him apart from ending up with Diabetes, Heart Conditions, High Blood Pressure and possibly ending up in a wheelchair. I had nothing to live for apart from existing. I had nothing to hope for, apart from one day I might get that miracle cure for being fat.

And do you know what?

I found that!

Yes! That cure does exist.

That cure is real.

But not in the shape of a pill.

It exists in the shape of commitment, desire, hard work and looking at the long game.

It exists in YOU!

So as I have said so many time before, if I can do it then you can do it too….!

So where do I go to now?

Well I think that after the walk, I take some time to myself to write the final instalment of the blog then I take some more time to get some more inspiration and direction. Take some time for me and getting MY world in order.

Yes, I think that is the direction I shall take.

I have such a lot to look forward to so wish me luck as I wave you goodbye….

P.S Don’t forget to follow this link and donate to my just giving page…..

50 thoughts on “What Direction Do I Take Now…

1. spearfruit says:

Cameron, a wonderful and inspiring journey you are on. You have come so far and found some inner strength that some will never find. My friend, I wish you the best in your future and look forward to where you go from here on your upcoming journeys. πŸ™‚

I am so going to miss our morning chats….I am so happy that you let us all be part of your weigh loss, life changing journey ( I know you don’t like that term) however it fits!!! I so look forward to following you on your walk, we are Instagram buddies now, I don’t know how to tweet…and then reading your final blog post….and THEN on to the next chapter….can’t wait…I still think you shouldn’t stop for another year, as this is when no one talks about what happens after bariatric surgery…for me this is where the hardest part it for those that have gone through this process….now your really on your own, change life forever, or fall back into the destructive eating pattern that was once your life….of course this is my opinion….but I think that this should be the last chapters of your book….how you handle the new life you have taken on…after all in all reality your still in adolescent stages….or this could be the second book you write….life after the beginning of the first day of your life….just a thought… and then the next breath is I can only imagine how draining it is to be married to a blog post so to say….I only committed to a month one time and found that crazy….having to blog every day no matter…my daughter did it for a year….it made part of her life crazy……I admire you both…..no matter where you end up I am hoping we will still be able to stay in touch….like it or not my friend across the pond, you have become part of my blogging life!!!!!! and Whoooooo Hoooooooo the walk is next!!!!! xxkat

That is a great idea Kat. Maintenance of a Magnet….. It need no longer be daily and it can be more about lifes struggles on a daily basis, something that EVERYONE recognises.
      I shall certainly be back and shall certainly be blogging but for now as you say I shall concentrate on the walk and the future of the next few weeks as I adjust my life accordingly.
      Thank you so much for your support and I promise we shall remain friends regardless of “where to next” πŸ™‚ x

3. theturtle says:

Thank you Cameron for all that you shared with us here on your blog πŸ™‚
    I’m still reading and learning and being motivated by your humorous and lovely posts πŸ™‚ trying to catch up with your almost year and a half of writing , wishing very selfishly that you won’t retire the magnet in the near future πŸ˜‰
    You are a great writer and I know/hope/wish/root for … that after your walk and some much deserved time for yourself , and getting settled in your new business and way of life , you’ll find a way to come back to us in whichever format suits you best πŸ™‚ [sorry , garbled minds make for garbled words but I do hope you understand me]
    Turtle Hugs ❀

4. stephellaneous says:

Beautiful and inspirational, as always, and I wish you nothing but the best of luck and happiness, peace, joy, raucous laughter…you name it.

But WE WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO LEAVE US! Hmph. I mean….I support whatever path your life takes next. πŸ™‚

I shall not be going anywhere really Steph. I just need a break from it all and will need to wrap up this blog. I reckon a new one will take a little building but will be worth the wait.
      Thank you for your kind words and I for one know I am richer to have met so many people on here including you, who I now consider a friend.
      Now you keep blogging and looking after yourself and I shall see you often in the comments until such times as I hit the world with my newest invention… The Blog that blogs my life and not my thoughts or musings……

I’ve just finished Eat Pray Love (not for the first time). Your statement echoes Elizabeth Gilbert ‘the answer lies in us’ …. and it always does. But it takes much to get that simple fact through to most of us. That you have completed this part of your journey is remarkable. That you have shared it has been inspiring. You are at a crossroads. Whichever path you choose will be a good one because you are a different man to the one that I met nearly 18 months ago. A stronger, healthier, happier man. The man that was always lurking inside waiting for the chance to step out of the shadows. You will be a success at whatever you do – be it one thing, or many. Because you are a dear, charismatic and decent person who now LOVES himself xx

Wow!
      You are so sweet to me, just like many others on this ‘ere blogosphere…!
      I have started to formulate some ideas and as ever you shall be my sounding board for said stuff and nonsense πŸ™‚
      I have to say that until I read your comment I had not really taken time to consider how much I have actually changed but you are quite right.
      I really have.
      I suppose it can be heard in my writing and thoughts more than ever now.
      I shall be a success – something I never thought would happen – at many things I think. I have restarted my life and who knows where I shall be in a years time?
      Where ever it is I am confident it will be a million years away from that bloke you met 18mths ago…..

6. chattykerry says:

Gosh, are you really going away forever, Cameron? I will miss your blogs. Congratulations on everything you have achieved so far and will in the future. I hope Mrs. Cameron comes along soon. Keep in touch. Love Kerry xx

7. Meritings says:

All of the above and much, much more. Manly hugs, positive thoughts, and the very best wishes are all on their way to you. Good luck, good health and may you achieve your dreams!

8. Miriam says:

Hi Cameron, I feel like I’m coming in at the tale end of your journey, lead here by Turtle, but it sounds as though you’ve achieved so much. Look forward to reading more about your courageous and inspiring changes. Warmest wishes from Australia.

9. milliethom says:

Honest self-assessment takes some doing, and facing up to what to do about it even more. But putting your plans into action takes steely willpower and determination to succeed. You’ve worked through all of this and come out tops and are now looking forward to a much healthier and happier life. And just look at all those those yummy new healthy recipes you’ve come up with! How great is that! I’m sure you’re now a fantastic role model for anyone else in a similar situation as you once were.