Post On A Bank Holday?

Good morning world and thanks for tuning in to another day here on Planet Magnet. I hope today see’s you enjoying the fact that we have a day off and the sun has finally and most definitely got his hat on!

So posting on a bank holiday?

Well if I recall correctly the only posting that should be done on a Bank Holiday is the type that that carry signs on them offering directions, installing the ones that require the placing of a fence panel between them or the ones that have us watching the brush fences between them as horses jump and race looking for glory…

So to that end there is nothing here for me to write about so I leave you with a video update in the hope that you might find your way to my Just Giving or Go Fund Me pages and make a donation…..

Go Fund Me is this…. https://www.gofundme.com/3frgj837

And

Just Giving is this….. https://www.justgiving.com/Cameron-McCulloch

19 thoughts on “Post On A Bank Holday?

1. White House Red Door says:

Nice video, Cameron! It would be great to see you (and your sweet pup!) on your training route. It seems like you live in a beautiful part of the world and it would give everyone a sense of how you’re preparing and the terrain you’re walking. Hope you feel better soon!

I think videos of Archie and I may feature more frequently from now on as it allows people an idea of seeing exactly what I am doing. I am actually feeling a bit better today if still a little wobbly. I was going out for a walk this morning but the weather changed and now it is pouring with rain…. šŸ˜¦

Good idea to use the video. It places a real person in front of us and makes the event more human and real. Don’t forget to ask people to “share” the video on their social media to keep spreading the word. Mention the name of the charity as well so people can look it up and determine whether it is a good charity to donate to. That is all the advice I have to share. Feel better and keep pushing forward in life. Life may create some resistance, but it makes the effort that much more satisfying.

Greta tips Doc, I shall definitely do it on each future video. Lets see if we might get people going with what we want them to do. Strangely enough I met a friend whom I haven’t seen for a few years and he now specializes in this stuff so it is great that he has offered to help me out….. šŸ™‚

3. milliethom says:

Well done with the video again, Cameron. I’m really looking forward to you heading up to Hadrian’s Wall. A video of your route will be great! I enjoyed the one you made along the Ridgeway very much.

4. milliethom says:

I’m responding to your questions about your planned trip up you HW here, Cameron, and hope what i say will make sense. As I said, I’ve only walked limited sections of the Wall, but the seven-mile section we used to do is one of the most interesting and picturesque stretches. It’s the stretch between the Roman Army Museum at Carvoran and Housesteads further east. This section has everything you (or schoolchildren) could want. It covers the highest pert of the Wall still standing at Walltown Crags (eleven courses of stones). In this area is a reclaimed quarry, too, where there is an evident break in the Wall which was destroyed for the quarry.
    When I used to take parties of 80 odd Year 7 children up there for 5 days, we stopped at Once Brewed Youth Hostel, right at the foot of the Wall, between those two pints I mentioned. Unfortunately, the hostel has since been converted into the Northumberland Visitor Centre. So, if you’re hoping to get schools interested, you’ll probably have to think about some kind of accommodation along the route. Local schools may be able to visit for a day, but I don’t know what you intend. The stretch I described above is the best part for them to walk.
    If you intend to walk the Wall in its entirety, which side will you be starting at? Nick and I stayed in Carlisle last year and just drove out to the Wall daily.

Wow, Thanks So MUCH Millie!
      Okay, I plan to start in Carlisle and actually camp along the wall as I go so there will be no respite for me (I too am hardcore and Bear Grylls has nothing on me šŸ˜‰ ) I am walking it over 6 days as I want to take a look at some of the sections but not so in depth as a schoolchild might. We plan on asking a couple of schools if they would like to be part of the walk in some capacity but I will have to wait until they return from Easter break.
      If okay with you I shall run my plans pass you as they are made and formed as it were so you might offer an opinion having been at the wall first hand yourself.
      Thanks for the mini guide šŸ™‚