Stop The Press!

Good Morning world and thanks for tuning in to another day here on Planet Magnet! I am afraid that today is once again a little later than usual but the reason for this is due to the fact there was something going on this afternoon and I want to share it with you all….

Today was my first interview with a journalist from the Newsquest Media Group. These guys follow local stories so we figured it a good place to start and get the traction going with some well placed words etc etc

So with that as my goal for the day, I duly put on my walking kit and made my way up to the Ridgeway to be photographed and interviewed…..

Where everything changed as per usual because there was no reporter. The guy bringing the car to put in the background was sitting about 10 miles away at completely the wrong place and the only people that made were myself, Archie the Dog and Lisa from the TFD Gym! Oh, and the photographer this time….! (He managed to find his way there today….)

So there were a few photo’s with Lisa and myself standing by a signpost, then with me and the dog walking as though we were on the trek and a couple of others with us pointing away into the distance…. Still, it was all good fun and all was success so once completedΒ Archie and I bid farewell to the others and made our way back down to civilisation and on the way we recorded a little video for you guys to catch up on….

Finally we arrived home and I was able to screenshot the route which at 7.7 miles wasn’t too shabby (don’t pay attention to the times as the app went a bit doolally and forgot to record that part of the trek!) but more kudos should be given to Archie for carrying a ball in his mouth for over 4 miles!

IMG_3486

Anyway, that’s all for now πŸ™‚

25 thoughts on “Stop The Press!

Hello…what a lovely walking route…been thinking about your next blogging adventure…I still think that you should at least still address the weight loss path….how the bypass is affecting you have reached your goal, changed your life….and some focus on personal issues u still may be having or not….I understand for the need to stop posting everyday…that is really insane…I have committed to a month, and its only day 7…and I am thinking – oh yeah I have to blog yet…LOL I would love to hear about what your up too…with the book, and the gym…your blog has been very educational for a lot of us…I didn’t come up with much more…I could whine and say you need to work on the second book and continue to blog daily for the second half of the book….”The year after” hummmmm a little cheese with you whine,!!!

2. milliethom says:

That was a great video, Cameron. Well done! (You’re a lot more photogenic than I am.) Well don to Archie, too, for carring the ball so far. It’s a couple of years since we went back to Wantage. I adore the Ridgeway – the White Horse and Wayland’s Smithy in particular. There are some wonderful views from up there. We usually head to Wantage at least twice a year. I had no idea that you lived in Wantage. We lived there for six years in the 1970s. Both Nick and I taught at Icknield School (a comp. in those days, and not a part of King Alfred’s, as it is now).
    Well done with the walk, too, and good luck with your whole fitness regime.

• milliethom says:

The market place had some really old shops when we lived there. Last time we were there, two years ago, I wasn’t impressed with the town in general. We went out to Grove (where we had lived) which was a lovely place in the 70s. It looked very run down, which was sad to see. But you know, so many places have changed in ways we’d rather they hadn’t! So many reasons for it, too.

No, it’s a real shame. They are building and building around the town, flats everywhere but NOTHING in the way of infrastructure. They really need to sort themselves out and entice brands into the market place not betting shops and charity shops. When you get this in the market place the demographic changes without doubt. If I am honest I only use Waitrose, TSB Bank and Costa in Wantage because everything else is so down market. I know that might sound a bit snobby but I have no desire to hunt around a charity shop, eat junk food OR place a bet.
        Hopefully one day they will see sense and realise that Wantage being a Downland town could really be something special and not somewhere that they close a home store down and replace with a Wetherspoons Pub….

• milliethom says:

I do feel for you all down there. Wantage was such a pretty place, and I know what you mean about the type of shops the market place has attracted over recent years. You’re not beong snobby wanting the best for your town. It’s a very special area for me and we do love to visit regularly.

Thanks for understanding. I feel that the demographic being catere3d for is the wrong one so the people who might be inclined to cone into the town and shop simply stay away because there is nothing they want there or the (and I am amazed I say this but it is true) people they have to shop with are drawn to the area because of Family Bargains, Charity Shops or cheap pubs…..