Well It Really Works Doesn’t It!

Good morning world and thanks for tuning in to anotherΒ here on the wonderful world of Planet Magnet where all is right with the world.

It is so nice to be able to say that after spending years and years not actually managing to really raise a smile some days that I honestly feel like a different person.

I have more energy, more desire, feel brighter, more alert and most of all, just feel generally better all over.

My mental health is a great deal better, my energy levels are, on the whole, vastly improved, my outlook brighter and my own personal well being is in a completely different place to where it has been for many years.

As I approach my 1 year “surgiversary” I am amazed at quite how much much my life has changed beyond all recognition. I know I have written about this before but I simply cannot stress enough the changes to my entire life that have occurred since I have started to “live right”

Gone are the fast foods and gone are the pre-packaged ready meals from my life. The foods laden with hidden sugars and salts, fats and ingredients to make them last longer on the shelves, cook quicker in the oven, look better on the plate and taste “acceptable” on the palette.
All of this has been replaced with fresh meat, fresh vegetables (I know! I don’t believe it either!) non processed foods, home made recipes, fruit, the list of changes goes on.
Yet one of the biggest decisions to affect my life so far is the decision to finally stop drinking alcohol. I announced that I would do this on no less that three occasions and failed on each one, always conveniently forgetting how retched the aftermath of my over indulgence made me feel and going back to it blindly with open arms.
However, this time I am still tee total and approaching three months since my last drink. For this I have certainly struggled on occasion but it has been worth it to be able to wake each morning with a clear head and conscience. It has been worth it for the general well being feeling that I have with NO alcohol in my system, with nothing “slowing me or my thought processes down”.

I regularly read the blog All About Healthy Choices by jncthedc. I find Doctor Jonathan’s blog very informative and sometimes even quite alarming as the author writes on subjects of obesity, cancer, healthy foods, exercise and how everything in our life plays a part in our overall well being.
Now I know I am not in the “premier league”of fitness and lifestyle but compared to a year ago, I am certainly in the “Championship” with aspirations of promotion (football/soccer simile used there for my friends across the pond, where the top league is the Premier league and the next one down is the Championship) and definitely showing signs of the ability to take on a “cup run” (where a football team from a lower league wins its games in a specific football competition and makes it to the final game/play off) and this is all down to trying to live a life of sensible moderation where yes I do eat rubbish on occasion and yes I do lay around and rest on other occasions but on the whole I eat healthily, exercise sensibly and rest at regular times.

I can honestly say that since I have started to live my life like this I finally have to admit that it really does work and so because of taking that drastic measure of surgery last year and keeping up the regular maintenance ever since, I am like a new man and plan to improve on a daily basis.

So stick with me and we will ALL feel better, brighter and bushier tailed for a long time to come.

27 thoughts on “Well It Really Works Doesn’t It!

Congrats, Cam!! As you know, I’ve avoided alcohol since my journey started and have been without now for over a year. I miss the occasional glass of wine if I’m being honest, but as I inch closer to my goal weight realize all up Ibe simply not missed it. And when I hit goal weight I may add back a celebratory glass from time to time but simply won’t want or need the empty calories!

It really is a pointless exercise to e sure. That doesn’t mean that I don’t think about it most days and that I am able to imagine what it might be like sitting in the bar having a few drinks but I never stop at a few drinks and always seem to keep on going so in order for me to be my best person I must remain sober at the moment and life will prove to continue on it’s wonderful journey. Well done you you for staying alcohol free for so long, you have a great will power so you should congratulate yourself for sure.

2. spearfruit says:

Cameron, you are amazing taking this journey and inspiring I might add. I was once a very healthy person and I guess I became lazy. Due to recent events, I think it is time to get back on the health wagon. Thanks for a great post today! πŸ™‚

Bravo…well said my friend….another wonderful title to tack on your ever growing list….Champion…and yes you are my friend….you have given me courage and strength to continue on my on weight loss journey and I thank you for that….Like you I also follow Jonathan, and I have learned so much from his blog and he, like you is always there with encouragement and advise….good man for sure….great post….and isn’t it nice when it all finally comes together in you head…life is good…bring it on universe you are ready!!! Champion…love it… xxkat

Thank you for the kind mention in your blog.I feel like a cheerleader standing on the sidelines because you are doing all the hard work.

The mind is a powerful tool. It can be used productively or destructively. You have clearly demonstrated your intentions and have followed through with great success. It is important for your readers to see that you indulge in less nutritious food selections and moments of sedentary living. This is ALL part of being well BALANCED and avoids feelings of self deprivation. For a healthy lifestyle to remain as healthy as possible to the end, we need to be able to indulge. Those who deny themselves entirely are typically unable to maintain this balance causing a relapse and return to old destructive patterns of behavior. Being HUMAN is NOT EASY! It is, however, incredibly worthwhile as we discover our passions and purposes in life and pursue achieving our dreams. As you continue on your path you will generate more and more light and energy for those in need. You are truly a blessed man.

Thank you Doc, you are honestly an amazing guy for saying all of these things and taking the time to comment on my posts. You always add an air of reality and gravity to things that I write, actually picking out the points I have made and reiterating them in a manner that others can understand.
      I am so amazed that people would ever look at me for an idea of how to live life because I just feel like a normal guy doing normal things, but then I suppose, that is the beauty of it….

Well here’s hoping I can infect everyone with a small part of that and we will build a positive mind to healthy living where we are all in control of our own lives and want to take time to live better and take greater care of ourselves.
      And thank you for the compliment…. πŸ™‚

5. http://stretchingyourfaith.net says:

Congratulations on your journey to weight loss, your doing great!πŸ˜€ I have been trying to loose the “baby” weight for 15 years but still have not. I admire you not eating fast food! For me this is a difficult habit or even addiction to break,. I love your blog it’s interesting . Keep up the good work!

Well thank you for those kind words. If I am honest it is difficult not to eat the fast foods. I used to travel past MacDonalds and imagine their burgers etc then after a while I simply stopped and now they don’t even get on my radar. The same with all take aways really. It is only a matter of the first step and sticking to it then it becomes second nature. You can DO IT!!