Big Wheels Keep On Turnin’

Carry me home to see my kin….*

Good morning world and thanks for tuning in to another day here on Planet Magnet.

So what do we have in store for you today? Well if I am honest there is not a great deal to talk about other than my return to the gym….

What? You went back to the gym?

Oh yes, I did indeed and best of all, I enjoyed it very much indeed…..!

It was time to get the wheels turning once again and to get my head back through the door, breaking the hoodoo that can sometimes surround a gym return because even though a gym habit is an easy one to form, it is also a very easy one to break. Lets face it, how many of us could be found guilty of saying to ourselves “Yes, I know I need to go but I am just too busy today” I know that I do it and if I do it then I know for sure that YOU do too…!

We must get ourselves back into our routines as quickly as we can because a broken routine is no use to anyone. Once we have allowed ourselves the luxury of ignoring fitness it is amazing how quickly it slides on to the back burner and out of our minds. I will freely admit that only on Monday evening I had a conversation with a pal of mine about how well I had done with my weight loss and the fact that I although I usually go to the gym I had not been for approximately 4 weeks, when I found myself using the very phrase “I just don’t know where the time goes” when referring to my own feeble attempted gym attendances 😦
To start prioritising Β all other activities over and above your fitness is one the easiest things to do. I do it regularly and I often chastise myself for it. Yes certainly some days I am so busy my head could spin and on these days I honestly don’t think a trip to the gym would have necessarily burnt any more calories than the activities I had put my body through but still I can feel guilty. However, that is not as guilty as I feel when I have actually put my gym kit on and not even made it to the first hurdle of reaching the gym itself….!

Untitled

Cameron put on his HENRY shirt and found his way to the gym

I suppose my one saving grace is the fact that I walk the dog so am nearly always active with him, mind you with this terrible wet weather we have been suffering, managing a walk becomes difficult not only for the obvious reason of getting wet but the fact that all of the local dog walks are so heavily subscribed that it is like walking through treacle when following the over used pathways and tracks between and around the fields. However, yesterday I took the dog to the field and ignoring the mud and standing water,I pulled on my Wellies and headed out around the fields. Archie appeared to enjoy it very much so I continued on for as long as I could bear in the cold and wet and once he was suitably expended I made my way back to the car.
The worry of this is that I need to up my walking training for the sponsored walk but all of this bad weather is having an impact on my training. I think therefore I will probably be finding myself simply walking bridlepaths and footpaths until the weather deems itself damp enough to maybe invite the sun out to play so things may dry off a little πŸ™‚

Finally, just to let you know I shall be on the Radio this morning and the TV (BBC National or BBC South Today) again this evening but I will say that any of you who are a nervous disposition I would recommend discretion with you viewing because I am going to be topless….

*Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet Home Alabama.

24 thoughts on “Big Wheels Keep On Turnin’

As you know my mum lives in a village very close to you. Behind her house are some lovely woods owned by the estate and much used by dog walkers. the only issue I have with it is that the mud is epic and never seems to have time to dry out. I’m not sure what Britain has done to deserve so much water in the last few years but it never seems to get the chance to truly dry out and it does make walking hazardous and rather less appealing …. hey ho – perhaps it’s Biblical.

I absolutely agree Fiona. The mud is just unreal at points and where everyone walks it just turns into a swamp.
      The rain we are having at present is biblical at times down here in the south so goodness knows how the people up north have managed with the terrible heartache of flooding, some have been flooded three time in as many weeks!

• Osyth says:

It’s the North this time, was the West last year and in the last few years many other areas have been hit including the year before the Thames Valley. Flood is the most horrible of curses leaving carnage behind it and a smell that lingers for seemingly years. Insurance companies cease to be helpful very quickly and yet still government encourage councils to do dirty deals with developers to build on flood plains. Spielberg’s ‘Poltergeist’ begins to feel like an allegorical warning ….

It doe, you are so right. Nothing smell like the aftermath of water damage.
        I recall back in 2001/2 there was an issue with flooding in Kidlington, I think it was the Isis or the Cherwell that went over wasn’t it?
        Such a dreadful thing to happen, especially to the people who cannot afford the ridiculous premiums. I think one lot quoted a annual premium of Β£7k with an excess of Β£1500. Ridiculous that they could even expect people to afford that.
        I think the situation this appears to be getting better looked after than other issues but it is still not good for sure.
        Ministers on holiday in Barbados whilst the public is under a deluge of rain is not the way to be.

Look at you all dressed up for HENRY and looking slim on your way to the gym….good job…I would feel guilty going to the gym when there is so much work to do here…LOL but I may bring that up to my husband…never hurts to get a work out in….kat

3. lydiaA1614 says:

Congrats on getting back to the gym and looking so healthy! You inspire me; however, with my knee swollen I am not allowed in the pool or gym until it is better. I walked Costco today, though, so, at least there is a little bit of exercise. Thanks for such and encouraging post!

Have you ever considered walking indoors (large Walmarts, Cosco, Home Depot, or Malls on days where the weather interferes with a quality effort? Waling in a climate controlled environment helps remove an obstacle from training. Just a thought.