A Little Advice If You Would Please

Good morning world and thanks for tuning in to another day here on Planet Magnet.

Today we have a rather quick post because I have been so busy with other things (lets just call it life as in Wednesdays blog….) that I am fast running out time on a regular basis.

So quickly and to the point.

This blog today is asking you my readers and friends for some advice on whether you think I would be a suitable candidate for a particular career change.

As many of you know I have been attending a course on Thursday where I was learning about confidence and communication skills but one thing I was not expecting was to be given a direction my life should head be heading now that the course is finished. However, the moment I read what the tutor had recommended, it was like a lightbulb went off for me and my future was so much clearer than ever it has been before.

I was told that I should continue to find new outlets for my “lifestyle blog” and that I should consider how I might become a Personal Development Trainer linked to fitness and weight loss and finally that I should look into Life Coaching as I would be good at it. Most of all, I must keep up my good work and continue my journey.

How about that?

Amazing eh?

When you consider that many years ago I considered becoming a Policeman then I investigated becoming a Teacher but could not make it financially viable at the time. Several years ago I considered becoming a counsellor but the 7 years at Medical School rather stumped me somewhat!

So this coming from someone who was a perfect stranger three months ago and has only met met me 10 times for a maximum of 4 hours each time, really brings it home.

What I would like to know is, what do you guys think? Would I be someone who could make a go of it as a Life Coach or Personal Development Trainer? Could you guys see me as someone who becomes accredited and can offer advice, help and wisdom because I have travelled the path that many people are on? Do you believe I honestly have anything to say that people would listen to? I don’t want appeasing answers, I don’t want sunshine, I want your opinions, good and bad….

I would love it if you were candid with me and left your thoughts in the comments or contacted me either via private message, via email, Facebook or text to give me your thoughts because it feels like it should really be something that I must consider to make my life more personally fulfilling and to continue helping other people.

I have asked three other people about this so far and the feedback to date is a resounding yes so I shall leave it to you to either continue this train of thought or shoot me down in flames.

Either way I am happy to hear from you, so come on, hit me with your thoughts and I shall report on the feedback in my next post.

29 thoughts on “A Little Advice If You Would Please

1. edmooneyphotography says:

Experience is the best education Cameron. Learning something from a book does not make one a teacher. Being able to relate knowledge to different people is the key. You have lived through it, experienced the highs and lows, Your still standing and walking the path.

In my opinion for what its worth, GO FOR IT……………
    You are more qualified than you think 🙂

Yes! I think you have a healthy mix of experience, candor and humor – something that makes teaching others crucial. Here would be my question though, is this a career that YOU feel a passion for that can also support your lifestyle financially? I know it is about living what you do for a living, but you still have bills, right? If that recommendation spoke to you, you would be a fool not to at least listen.

Oh Cameron, you would make a wonderful life coach…personal experience is at top of the list in my opinion…..you basically have already started this through your blog…I know you have personally helped me in ways no one else has because you have been through the weight loss and the ups and downs that goes with it….and bonus your a bariatric success, that is another life experience you have, leaving the alcohol a the pub…..honey you have many notches of self experience in your arsenal….that’s one of the reasons I can’t stand the thought of your blog ending….I know that you are helping more people than you may realize……so its a huge YES for me…go for it….what’s the worst that could happen….your a success!!!! you are already on the radio, you have your gym, and the bariatric center would be another backing I am sure….Jump in both feet first…I am excited for you….how exciting!!! KAT

4. Blair (The Shameful Sheep) says:

I think yes. And, I’m not nice enough to lie to you lol. Really, though, people go to life coaches to turn their life around. To make a big change. You’ve accomplished that loud and clear. You have the first-hand experience to relate to, and the sound advice to offer. You share healthy recipes. Your experience as a new biker. Joining a gym. Your surgery and weight loss success. You emphasize the need for human compassion (ie. the people giving the anonymous cards out saying they hate overweight people)… You basically are a life coach already in the blogosphere. lol

Based on your writing and responses to people I would think this would be a perfect fit for you. You appear energized, enthusiastic, encouraging and willing to do what it takes to help people succeed on their quest in life. One thing to consider; most people do not realize what it really takes to transition their lives into a pattern that satisfies wants and needs. As you know, emotions play a huge toll in the process which can emotionally drain the lifestyle coach. The lifestyle coach will also be another person to blame for failure. I mention this because I have worked very hard over my career to help people maximize their health and ability to enjoy life. It is an incredibly rewarding yet emotionally draining experience as we have a tendency to blame ourselves for other people’s failures. Just wanted to give some real insight into the real world. You definitely fit the criteria for one who would qualify for this career.

Thanks as ever Doc, some very sage advice there. I would have to be sure that I could cope with not being dragged down by investing in people who would let me down.
      I think there is a great deal of thought to go into this and a great deal of consideration as to whether I am able to make a living at it.
      I shall consider your points carefully .
      Thank you!

6. Lynz Real Cooking says:

I think you would be very good at this Cameron! You have lived many things and have struggled like many of us! It is so important to me that someone actually knows what it means to go through something if they are going to help me with it! I think you should give this serious thought!

7. chattykerry says:

Hi Cameron. I have been off for a couple of days so a bit late to the party. It sounds like a very satisfying career change and my only suggestion is that you start working towards it while still in your current job. I think it is something you would excel at because you are organized, methodical and invested in this field. Who better to empathize and yet know when someone is not trying hard enough. If it were me, I would look to the qualifications needed and then start designing a website to attract customers. Good luck!