It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like….

I wonder if you can guess?

Maybe you can fill in the blank after looking at the picture….

Layers!

Or at least time for layers…

Or Layer Time!!

I could go on…..

Good morning world and welcome to another day here on Planet Magnet.
Up here in the Northern Hemisphere the temperatures are dropping and everyone is starting to wrap themselves up in their thick winter coats that never see the light of day in warmer climes for fear of physically melting if we make the mistake of thinking it will actually be cold enough to wear them.

Personally I have always liked the winter season climate as it was the only time of year that I could feel cool in my body temperature. Plus it was one of the few times when I could feel cool by wearing extra a little extra clothing without actually overheating and ending up in the Accident and Emergency wing of the local hospital suffering from heatstroke with a saline drip sticking out of my arm…..

You see, since losing the weight I am feeling the cold so much more readily. I never used to suffer from cold and although my hands are still quite warm (well most of the time they are) my feet usually spend their day as blocks of ice. In fact, I am sitting at my desk in a perfectly warm home and my feet are actually cold at this very moment. No manner of sock appears to prevent the coldness creeping in to my Phalanges and Metatarsals so I suppose I am learning to live with colder feet than I once did. I suppose this is because I lost weight on my tootsies as well as every where else. In fact I lost enough weight to go down by an entire shoe size which in itself is crazy really!

But the cold feet aside, the great thing about this weight loss is that nowadays I am lucky to be able to wear layers, so regularly sport a Polo Shirt, a SweaterΒ AND a Jacket. This was unheard of in years gone by. I could always wear the Polo but it was either a Sweater or Jacket but never the two together lest I was visiting the Antarctic πŸ˜‰ Β Today I can wear a hat without melting, I can wear gloves and best of all I can finally fit a scarf around my neck and tie it the cool way by the simple Β “through the loop” method which is a double whammy because I get to wear the scarf AND I get the cool knot….! The only downside to all of this new fashion that I am sporting is that I am constantly on the look out for new ideas for what to wear along with constantly looking for ways to make a little money so that I may be able to afford the nice new clothes that I want to wear!

Many years ago I only bought designer label clothes. There was no other reason for it but sheer showing off because having the right name or symbol on the left breast meant more to me than having any money in my pocket. Nowadays I buy so little I have to make it’s freshness last by moving it around and wearing things in different ways so that the look is never the same. I still have the clothes with the labels but it is more for the fact that it nearly always seems to be the ones I like are the expensive ones, thus meaning I don’t buy much but I do buy stuff that can be moved around to other outfits so that I don’t ever really look like I am wearing the same thing over and over.

I suppose that due to my weight loss there must be a part of me that has changed back into the clothes horse that I am again becoming. My confidence in myself is obviously growing and I am once again enjoying being able to buy some clothes. Last year I really didn’t look for clothes and I was happy when I could get something that simply would fit and not look like it was sprayed on. Fortunately I no longer have that issue and am able to shop in high street stores and not worry about buying everything on line just to get my size.

So there you go, the Worlds Biggest Fridge Magnet is making a fashion statement and saying that we need to mix and match and layer. Look cool and save money.

Who would ever have thought it possibly. Fashion tips from a fat bloke πŸ™‚

27 thoughts on “It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like….

Hello…..like you I am finding instead of being overheated all the time I am cold, what an odd sensation….when I was having the ole “women issues” a couple years ago, my hormone balance was so off I was either sweating like a pig or had my 2 heating pads on high laying on my legs and against my back to stay warm….my hormonal balance was so off it was making me crazy….my nose was never warm..my husband thought I was nuts before, well when that started he thought I had fallen off the rocker…LOL then I had the hysterectomy and I no longer have any hormonal organs left I am blessed with feeling human again, infact with the weight loss and hormonal loss I am also able to layer my clothing, and actually add socks and scarfs to ensembles…LOL I do love to layer….but as I loose weight my bohemian way of dressing is raising its ugly head…LOL leggin and the longer shirt dresses are my favorite….I love the swimsuit covers with leggings and then throw on a sweater and scarf…well my try bohemian self is emerging…god forbid I find a wrap around skirt…LOL the only change that hasn’t happened is my shoes, still clogs, always clogs and I am pretty sure always will be…and with my knee arthritis, they have gone from elevated heels to flats…I hope this finds you having a fantastic Sunday…mines just getting started, I am headed to the pool and hoping its warmer than last time…love you post….another vegie for you to try…..roast pumpkin in the oven, clean, cut w/ the peel on it into small bite size chunks, olive oil and herbs to your liking, salt pepper, curry, clove, cinnamon ( balsamic vinegar is also yummy on it)….toss lay out on a pan roast in hot oven, 400/ check and turn after 15 minutes, roast until tender….so yummy in salads, in soups, just like it is….kat

Not a bad Sunday thanks Kat. It was Mums birthday today so I took her out for lunch. We had a lovely meal (where I ate a roasted Parsnip AND some Cauliflower πŸ™‚ ) then dropped her back home to prepare for all of her pals coming round a little later.
      I then saw my friend and helped her unpack some boxes for the house. Not my ideal way of spending time but it made her happy so thats what we did and her being happy made me happy.
      What a softie.
      Can’t say fairer than that can we!
      πŸ™‚

2. itsathought2 says:

Being cold was probably the biggest lesson I ever learned after my surgery.

Before my surgery I would look at people who were making a big deal about being cold and just think – ignore it. Its cold. Deal with it. That’s because when it was that cold, all I felt was cold on my skin. I knew it was cold but it was perfectly tolerable.

When I lost the weight, I felt the cold inside my body. And you its harder to get away from that cold. It is deeply uncomfortable.

I felt kind of bad for all my judginess after that.

But you are right – being hot was harder to deal for me. In particular since I wouldn’t wear shorts because I looked ridiculous in them and I wouldn’t wear sleeveless and so…

Hopefully you are saving lots of your income, because if you continue to suggest to women that their feet are warm because they “pack a bit of excess insulation” you’re going to be spending large sums of money on apologetic floral arrangements! πŸ˜€

4. jsackmom says:

Wahoo that’s fabulous enjoy your shopping. That’s always my favourite part of meeting a weight loss goal is buying something tailored to fit me. I had to buy a bunch of new shorts over the summer as my old ones were falling off me. It’s fun to treat yourself and take pride and appreciation in success with your goals. You sound like quite a stylish bloke, I’m at a loss about how to do the cool knot on my scarf. I had to look it up on Pinterest. πŸ˜‰

I say its cool, maybe I’m just a little bit sad or weird… πŸ˜‰
      I try to be fairly stylish and always ask for tips and check out the latest looks. I can manage a good deal of them although this skinny skinny jean with roll ups half way up the calf really has me beaten…. A step to far for my age I feel. A good classic 60’s James Bond 007 look wind every time….!

• jsackmom says:

Amen to the James Bond look. Roger Moore will always be my favourite JB! Say no to the skinny jeans I don’t wear them either as I look like a chicken drumstick. I’m blessed with good ole Uke legs like my Bubba. A strong as an ox woman of her day. It wasn’t uncommon for her to pick up the plough when the horse got tired. πŸ˜‰ I find it cool to tie a scarf in so many different ways. I’m always comfy in my jeans and t-shirt but I do enjoy dressing up when I get the chance. 😊

I used to wear joggers all of the time but now do not own such a thing! I needed to smarten myself up and did so over the past month although I could really do with a few more bits to wear, especially when I am doing manual work so I am not wearing my good clothes!!
        As for JB, it was always Sean Connery for me, a fellow scot you see. I loved the way he dressed in the sharp dogtooth suits. Mind you Daniel Craig is pretty bloody amazeballs….!

• jsackmom says:

You’re Scottish? I didn’t know that’s awesome! Joggers is what you call jogging pants? I love the British slang words I learn an new one every month. Invest in some good track suits for working out and manual work as well. The pieces are versatile I pair a nice t-shirt with a track jacket and jeans or yoga pants that looks well put together. My Mom loved Sean Connery and I loved his accent. I found it funny to have a Scottish agent working for a British intelligence. I had always assumed when I was a kid that you had to be English. I will agree Daniel Craig is amaze balls. He has the coolness, confident demeanour, and sexiness of the perfect James Bond. πŸ˜ƒ

I sure am! And Joggers is what you might call jogging pants or sweat pants. When I go to the gym I prefer to wear shorts and a dry fit t shirt (for sweating purposes….)
        Connery was the man and totally cool for the period. Don’t forget he was a Naval Commander before he was put in the double O department so would most definitely have been either English, Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish.
        There you go, a little geography for your morning and if you want any slang words, just ask, I know millions!

• jsackmom says:

Well now that’s a wonderful history and geography lesson for the day. Sean is a very smooth operator even at his age now. πŸ˜‰
        I have a few British friends and I’ve learned some of their slang in the last year. My favourite is when someone is called a corker. It makes me giggle every time I hear it. 😜