I Have Never Been So Disgusted…

Good morning world and thanks for once again tuning into the Worlds Biggest Fridge Magnet blog.

Today we see a return to an angry Magnet. I have had my feathers ruffled and I need to vent.

For a while everything has been extremely Zen in the garden of Magnet but last night I was told something that made me so angry, this morning I am still struggling to come to terms with it. Now do not get me wrong, I am still extremely personally happy and calm but the thing I was told about made me extremely upset and angry for other people.

Last night I was told of an organisation who call themselves the Overweight Haters Ltd.

The what?

Thats right, you heard me correct.

Overweight Haters Ltd.

I am aghast at the sheer bloody ignorance of the idea that people believe they can behave like this.

I do not know where to begin to be honest but I am sure of one thing, if one of these little cowards had have handed me a card, I would have ended them.

Thats the problem though though isn’t it. They are cowards and they appear to pick on the fairer sex, pick on people who already have a complex about their weight and this is the straw that breaks the camels back.

What gives someone the right to behave like this? If it were to be a card talking about disability, colour, class or straight forward sexuality, there would be a massive uproar, but there is not. The story was buried under the fact that the House has been voting on the sad issue of going to war so compared to the fact that 1000’s of innocent people will die, this problem pales to insignificance.

However, just imagine how you might feel if you were sat minding your own business when someone put aΒ card in your lap then ran away. Intrigue would be the first thing but then upon reading the content, I imagine tears would be next. How well would you cope if this were given to you:

fat-shaming-card

Our organisation hates and resents fat people. We object to the enormous amount of food resources you consume while half the world starves.

We disapprove of your wasting NHS money to treat your selfish greed. And we do not understand why you fail to grasp that by eating less you will be better off, slimmer, happy and find a partner who is not a perverted chubby-lover, or even find a partner at all.

We also object that the beatiful pig is used as an insult [sic]. You are not a pig. You are a fat, ugly human.

Unreal eh?

These people have taken the law into their own hands and the world should know that in this world of supposed peace and love there are some folk that just don’t get it. Now maybe they are doing it for some misguided political statement or maybe they are simply doing it for shits and giggles, but regardless of whatever their thought process, I swear to god, if I happen to catch one of the little cowards, I shall take my wrath out on them with equal vitriolic hate of them and what they bring to the human race.

Here’s hoping the world agrees with me and not some faceless arseholes who’s only desire in life is to upset others.

45 thoughts on “I Have Never Been So Disgusted…

Wow. All I can say is Wow. This takes things to a whole new level. They just go around selecting folks they feel are overweight an hand them a card? I imagine they then scurry away quickly as to not have to face the person they handed it to, right?

And you are all too right about the uproar and rioting should that card target religion, race, sexuality, etc. It makes me angry but also makes me teary thinking about the folks who were given one of these. Ugh!

2. Astrid de Manyet says:

Wow. You know, the thing is… the only reason we need “political correctness” (I think anyway) is because so many people lack common courtesy, compassion and good manners, not to mention they don’t bother to educate themselves about topics they are ignorant on before they go bashing people they know nothing about. This is sad to see. 😦

I am so so sorry. I am sorry that something masquerading as a human being can think that this is funny, appropriate, necessary. None of those things are true. It is vile and unforgiveable. You and I have discussed on more than one occasion the fact that if obesity was viewed, correctly as an uninvited condition, then people might start to get it. To get the fact that far from being a happy state it is often a cripplingly depressing and anxiety inducing state that spirals into a vicious cycle of behaviors of self-hatred and abuse. It is a serious issue. It is just as much of an issue as gender stereotyping, sexual inequality, racial hatred or disability bashing. Of course many morbidly obese people actually become disabled. And no-one but no-one would stand by and allow a moron to hand out a card to a person in a wheelchair. They would go to the law, they would tweet the hell out of the deplorable action and they might even be inclined to intervene themselves. This has to stop.

A fantastic reply Fiona.
      Thank you.
      It’s nice that there are people like yourself who actually “Get It”
      Obviously I am a changed man since my weight loss, but as I have said previously, I still consider myself fat so this kind of behaviour angers and upsets me terribly.
      Thank you for your unwavering support. πŸ™‚

4. The Farmer's Diet says:

I discovered the (since removed) Fat People Hate subreddit some time ago. It upset me for about 2 minutes, until I realized that their opinion has absolutely no impact on my life whatsoever. In fact, I’d rather these ugly, miserable, ignorant people openly identify themselves so that I know who to avoid. We can’t control the ugliness in the world. We can only try to balance it out with a equal measure of kindness. In honor of your post, I’m going to make a point of complimenting at least 5 people today. πŸ™‚

Well that is a brilliant thing to do.
      If we all had that ideal then the world would be a quite seriously wonderful place πŸ˜‰
      I do not let the thoughts these people have trouble me, it is the cowardly way the attack that hurts the most.
      They simply do not have the courage of their convictions.
      At least stand there and say what you think and I might consider your argument for longer than a nano second no matter how wrong it is.
      Be a man with your views and people will respect your honesty but behave like these cowardly morons who are obviously simply out to hurt people and you will displease me.
      Off with their heads I say!!!

Oh my….what a disgusting group of people….all I can do is wish them an illness that makes them “fat” really fat…..its obvious that they are very narrow minded and have that righteous better than thou attitude in life….pretty sad really….I am sorry that it really got you all up in arms….I am sorry and thoroughly disgusted but all I can do is laugh at them and think what sad little lives they live and that karma will come bite them at some point…..my friend, there are groups of people out there opposing everything…my goodness I believe the human race sits around home waiting for some type of band wagon to jump on….this one is just one of the really bad kind….kinda right up there with the ku-klux-klan….I have seen fat haters on Dr. Phil and other talk shows…..I believe that some of it is a phobia….like being scared of spiders….as ridiculous as it sounds…and for anyone who is a part of this baffles my little brain…how could they not have any type of compassion for there fellow man….again I feel nothing but sadness for them and am wishing on them an illness that would make them heavy!! watch the group eat the sick one for lunch…..hang in there my friend, still those ruffled feather….join me and shake your head at the stupidity of the human race….kat

6. Blair (The Shameful Sheep) says:

Wow. This is disgusting. People are assholes. It truly is disturbing how people will treat a stranger. If someone handed me one of these cards, I would gift them with a swift kick to the balls. Or punch a bitch in the ovary. I’m glad this isn’t a story in the US (although we have disgusting humans rampant here, too) I don’t know what they consider ‘fat’ and would be scared to leave my house. Dicks.

Absolutely agree with all you say Blair although as a chap I would agree with the kick to the genitalia but punching a ladies in her lady garden is a level to which a Gentleman such as myself could not lower πŸ˜‰
      Complete. But COWARDS.
      Running away immediately after the hand off of the card.
      Tossers.

This is nothing but propaganda designed to hurt people and gain attention. I’ll tell you my friend, it is wiser to teach yourself to pity the type of individual that would peddle this rubbish than to experience harmful self anger. Think to yourself, would a person, well balanced, compassionate, respectful, moral and HAPPY in life participate in an advertising campaign designed to demoralize and degrade another human being? We need to remember that anger is an IMPORTANT emotion and should ONLY be called upon for those who bring meaning and value to our lives. Anger means we care. Why waste it on those who bring no relevance to this planet?

Wow!
      Thats very deep.
      I hear you Doc for sure.
      Please know that until a few years ago I was a very aggressive and angry guy who regularly thought nothing of acting first then thinking later. It takes a great deal to get me riled but bullying and cowardice are two of my top triggers.
      I try to keep the anger locked away and am very good at doing so because pointing my anger at people who are worthless is a pointless operation. Hate is a self destructive emotion and I really do not have much of it at all. I am lucky I suppose because I have dealt with anger for most of my life I can let it out and then be completely calm moments later so I do not let it consume me.
      However, these people would certainly raise my B.P every time no matter how much I didn’t want them too….!

• jncthedc says:

Glad to see you have learned to deal with aggression and anger. One suggestion. You write that you are good at keeping the anger “locked away.” You might want to consider ways of constructively releasing this emotion. Locking it away can ultimately cause serious health consequences. I would rather your worst problem be a chaffed buttocks from bicycle riding! πŸ™‚

Agreed!
        Probably a poor choice of words.
        I don’t actually feel like I carry any anger nowadays. It goes against my Zen like state so I think the anger isn’t “locked away” it is simply not there and I try to keep it at bay at all times however I do let it flash if needs be. My friend described me a nurturing, helpful, relaxed and laid back but I kept a modicum of the bad stuff in my back pocket and woe betide anyone who enticed me to get it out….!
        Anger is bad but necessary as you said.
        I carry no blackness with me but I know where the fire can be found.
        Hope that makes sense!

8. fattymccupcakes says:

Absolutely deplorable. I cannot even fathom why people feel the need to spend their time and energy on hate. Think how much good people, that committed, would have on the world if they turned their efforts towards something positive. Don’t even let something like this make you feel less. They are the ones I feel sorry for. What a sad, hopeless lot.

I hear you and the general trend is to let it wash over me and I have done so for many years.
      I suppose this has simply touched a nerve and I consider anything that singles another individual out in hate to be one thing, bullying.
      I cannot stomach bullying.
      I have fought against it all of my life after being a victim of it myself.
      It riles me but I can switch it off for sure.
      I too wish there world were a place of peace and love but when we have arseholes like this compounding the terrible situations around the world I do wonder if sometimes it could be considered over for the Human race….

9. aschetler says:

I am just utterly speechless. I have never heard of this and I honestly am just appalled!!!! Discriminating, teasing, “hating” people for being overweight is the LAST socially acceptable form of discrimination… And this drives me nuts!!! I just don’t know what else to say. Just absolutely disgusted

10. merewoman says:

The people promoting this thing need pity, and therapy, because to go to the lengths of accosting people and actually having printed matter to hand out, they must have grave personal issues.

Hatred needs something to fuel it. Normal people who are comfortable in their own skin cannot hate a total stranger because of their body size or shape.

11. AtomicMelanie says:

All it does is fuel the shamer’s sadistic need to inflict pain on others. Shaming does nothing to help nor motivate an obese individual to engage in healthy activity. If anything, it drives them toward further destruction. Shamers should be pitied.