Good morning world and thanks for tuning in to another day here on Planet Magnet.
Toady sees the return of Tasty Tuesday, my magnificent recipe day where I show how easy it is to prepare tasty and healthy food proving as always that if I can do it, anyone can do it!
I must first start by apologising to those of you who like to tune in for a recipe on this day because I can only assume it completely slipped my mind, honestly never even entering my consciousness to write a recipe because it was a Tuesday. Hopefully today’s offering will remedy this so lets see shall we.
So what’s on the menu today then Magnet? (That was the constant monologue in my brain asking that… 😉 )
Well I’m glad you asked because today we have Thai Chicken and Noodle soup and it is LOVELY!
Let me show you how to make it.
- 200gms x Clearsprung Japanese Udon Noodles.
- 3 x Large Chicken Breast Fillets.
- 2 Inch block Ginger – finely sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves – finely sliced
- 3 x Kaffir Lime Leaves – Dried, Frozen or Fresh.
- 1 x Bunch Coriander.
- 1 x Bunch Spring/Salad Onions – finely sliced.
- 1 Large Lemon Grass Stalk – finely sliced and chopped.
- 2 Fresh Limes for juicing.
- 2 Red Chilli’s – Deseeded and finely chopped.
- 1 Pint of Chicken Stock – Halve this if you do not use the Noodles.
- 2 x 400ml Cans of Coconut Milk.
- 2-3 Teaspoons of Nam Pla Fish Sauce.
- 1-2 Teaspoons of Caster Sugar.
- Cracked Black Pepper and Sea Salt to season.
- Splash of Olive Oil.
- Garlic and Coriander Naan Bread for dipping.
Finely slice and chop the Lemon Grass.
And the Garlic Cloves.
Along with the Ginger.
Take the Coriander, chop off the stalks and discard. Finely chop the leaves.
Add the three or four Kaffir Lime Leaves – Dried in this instance.
Put a splash of Olive Oil in a wok and bring up to a temperature just before it smokes.
Add all of the above ingredients, stirring regularly so as none of it burns.
Once cooked and starting to brown, add the two tins of Coconut Milk and stir.
Add the Chicken Stock and bring it all to the boil.
Whilst the contents of the wok come to the boil finely chop the Thai Red Chilli.
And dice the Chicken Breast prior to adding it to the boiling stock.
Again, mix well and leave to simmer for approximately 12 minutes so as the chicken cooks thoroughly.
As the soup simmers, slice some Spring/Salad Onions.
And halve two limes.
The add the Udon Noodles to the soup.
Season with Black Pepper and Salt.
None the noodles are cooked, add the Caster Sugar.
And the Nam Pla (Fish Sauce)
Then finally as the dish is nearing completion, squeeze in the juice of the four Limes.
Add the Spring Onion.
Continue simmering for a further two minutes.
Then serve in a small bowl (don’t forget I only have a small tummy!)
A warm and tasty, extremely healthy soup that warms up the cockles of your heart on all of those cold and icy days we are about to start having.
I hope you enjoyed the recipe and I hope to see you back reading about my next adventure.
Stay out of the fridge.