You Came Close….

Close, but no cigar, you didn’t miss by far….*

Well yesterday was a nearly day for me.

I nearly made it back to the gym.

But I didn’t quite get there.

How do I feel about it?

Well if I am honest, not very pleased with myself.

I am a spent force.

I tried to go to the gym yesterday but failed and instead I went out and met a friend for a drink. Admittedly we were only out for a couple of hours but it is the exact anti activity that I wanted. Instead of burning off calories, I was putting them on. Fair enough I hear you say, but not fair enough when I am a man trying to broaden my horizons and get myself fitter.

Still we live and learn and that my friends is the message today.

We all fail, it’s just a matter of how we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down and get on with our lives.

I have a lot to learn and many habits to break, but break them I will and learn I will.

No food report today because to be honest, I am a little tired of it.

No exercise report because to be honest, there is nothing to report.

I honestly hope the next time you come by and visit, my content isn’t so woeful.

* Thomas Dolby – Close But No Cigar

25 thoughts on “You Came Close….

1. SimpleLivingOver50 says:

This just one of the reasons I decided to get a treadmill and bowflex. I have allocated a specific time each day to workout and all I have to do is start doing it. I don’t have to worry about what I am wearing, or the whole act of getting there. I have my own television and can watch what I want or listen the music I want to listen too. It has truly made a huge difference in my motivation to get the workout started. I think that the best thing is that my workout is private and do not have all of the distractions that a typical gym can bring. It’s just me and my workout and my problem with staying is shape is always me.

Failing is an interesting word. How does one grow if one doesn’t pursue “things” outside the box? Failure becomes a natural part of growth and development. My definition of failure may be different from most people’s definition. I believe failure is NOT the unsuccessful attempt at doing “something,” but rather GIVING UP on “something” before you successfully accomplish it to the level of self satisfaction.

You may also want to consider modifications. If the gym is out, create time for a walk or bike ride. If you go for a drink with a friend, don’t add poor food choices to the equation. Modifying lifestyle means just that. Make certain, the next day is back to hard core practices. Lifelong changes will only occur if realistic life activities are included. Learning how to incorporate less nutritious food and drink with healthy choices is the reality of life. If the mind starts moving you in the wrong direction, grab a tall glass of water, a 5-10 minute walk and a couple of servings of vegetables when you get back from the walk. This will override hormone cravings and create a reset for improved outcomes.

3. edmooneyphotography says:

We all have set backs in life Cameron. And to be honest its not always a bad thing. If we can learn and come back to what we need to do and keep a positive attitude we will succeed.
    I know as much as anyone how hard the journey can be and too be honest it is real easy to lose heart. Continue to work hard at it, you know what you have to do, but dont be afraid to let loose once in a while and enjoy a few quite drinks with friends. Its good for the soul. Remember all work and no play makes Cameron a dull boy?

I have every confidence that you will bounce back from this, even stronger than before 🙂

Oy! Boy! Stop the wallow, get out of the mud and back on track. We all ‘fail’ from time to time. We all get it ‘wrong’. But that is precisely what makes us human and so long as we learn from the less than golden moments, so long as we file them for future reference then the result is a win. So you had a couple of drinks. Leave it at that and get your bootay back in the gym this week. Orders. And I am the Trunch – THAT Trunchbull … not to be messed with 😀

5. emma says:

We all need some down time, where we’re just being & not doing. Maybe you could build some into routine.

Get a friend (who won’t take any nonsense) to march you to the gym ! See if staff can mix up your workout.
    I’m sure that you’ll get that boost from just going back 🙂

you didn’t fail anyone….so you went out for a drink…bully for you….then you should of went to the gym or done something at home…next time…can’t all be about workouts, menus calories…sometimes it has to be about taking care of friendships and ourselves….after all if it isn’t fun, then what’s the frigin purpose….next time just do both….no beating yourself up over that….kat