Just Popped In For My Quarterly MOT

Morning everyone, hope life is treating you well.

Yesterday I went to the Oxford Bariatric Clinic for my three month check up.

As you guys probably know, I have been feeling decidedly left over for about two weeks now so I was determined to get some answers even if I really didn’t feel like travelling to the hospital which is only about 20 miles from my home.

When I woke in the morning I had my feeling crappy head on and although it eventually passed I still didn’t feel great. I even dressed in my gym kit in a vain hope that I could get a rush of blood to the head and start to feel well enough to do a little activity, alas it was not meant to be 😦

Anyway. There was some good news yesterday. The consultant gave me the all clear for the six month check up and after listening to my symptoms, concurred with my GP’s diagnosis from last night that it was simply a hangover from the flu jab and should pass. I was told I was right to be concerned but considering the type of procedure I had, there should not be too much in the way problems that occur from it and certainly none that would make me more susceptible to any virus or not.

The dietician was happy with my diet and the meals I make myself, she was also pleased to see that I have managed to hit my target a little earlier than some other people do with my weight loss now at 61% off my excess. We discussed how it would be approximately 92% of my excess should I get to the 90kgs (14stone 2lbs/198lbs) target I would like to achieve by the middle of March next year.

Now that is quite a figure for sure considering I was 159kgs (25 stone/350lbs) when I started this journey but then not so much of a leap when you consider that yesterday I was weighed at 110kgs (242lbs) on the hospital scales WITH my clothes ON! This means in order to achieve my target I need only lose 20kgs (44lbs) in the next 6 months which when you break it down into real terms is not an unachievable target of 3.3kgs (7.26 lbs per month)

This is obviously a target I would like to achieve but when you consider that I will be working out and that muscle is heavier than fat, if it takes a further year to drop that last bit of weight I shall be just as happy to be continuing with my healthy lifestyle and having my clothes fit me better than ever before

After all, Rome wasn’t built in a day….

FOOD DIARY:Monday 5th October 2015

Qty Measure Food Calories (gr) Protein (gr) Carbs (gr) Fat (gr)
Breakfast  1  Biscuit  Weetabix Biscuit Cereal  68  2.25  13  0.4
 1  100mls  Semi Skimmed Milk  49  3.6  4.8  1.7
Lunch  1 Small Bowl Quinoa and Greek Feta Prawn Salad 198  25 13 7.9
Dinner 1 Small Bowl Beef, Noodle and Dumpling Stew  326  17  10  4
Snacks  2  400mls  Tea 11.8  0  0.8  0
Totals  652.8  47.85  41.6  14
Water 3  500mls  Mineral Water 0  0  0  0

Food was okay for Monday considering I really wasn’t that hungry at all that day so nothing much to report there.

As for my exercise, again yesterday I was still feeling the after effects of this jab so exercise (even though I got dressed in my gym kit) was not an option and will probably remain off of the menu for a couple more days yet.

Today I plan to go back to the Chiropractor to have him work some more of his magic on my upper back because since I was there, the numbness and the pins and needles have not really been an issue so hopefully he can but it to bed completely with a couple more sessions.

In the meantime, I am looking forward to getting back to it so please bear with me whilst I do although I am not wasting my downtime at all but taking a couple of meetings to find out ways of taking things to the next levels.

Watch this space.

36 thoughts on “Just Popped In For My Quarterly MOT

Good news from the medics – huzzah! The last bit seems trivial but of course it won’t be. In some ways it will be the hardest because the curve will flatten naturally. I think you will have a whole new audience there if you want it – because you are now into the realms of ordinary weight-loss and although you have the sleeve you are becoming more run of the mill (don’t take this the wrong way, please) and therefore someone that a whole new swathe of dieters can relate to. Just a thought 😉

2. Emma says:

Morning,
    This all sounds v positive. Good effort putting the gym kit on, sounds like the mind is ready, but the body is not willing.
    Reminds me of when I used to buy a Weight Watchers magazines, with a big bar of Cad burys Whole Nut !! 🙂

I’m happy your follow up appointment went well and that there wasn’t anything more going on (not like the flu isn’t enough). I hope the coming days five you the rest that your body needs.

4. simplysandilynn says:

Sorry to hear you are still not feeling well! I am sure you’ll be back to the gym in no time and this will all be just a distance memory. Congrats on being an over achiever with your weight loss! Your goal sounds very achievable and the time will fly by!

Well I shall do my very best Sandi-Lynn and that is all I can do to be honest.
      Today I have made all of my healthy food for the next wee while so have no excuses of not eating correctly so should be back to health anytime soon…..
      And you are so right about time flying by, the last six months have disappeared so quickly – just like some of my waistline I suppose!

5. Emma says:

I can remember you from Wantage + would never have imagined that you were anything other than self assured. with you being so genuine it makes us realise that its ok to be ourselves. tried to email but my gmail won’t work. really enjoy reading all the replys too , take care

I am now intrigued Emma. Very much so!
      I believe in the warts and all approach because as soon as you start hiding stuff thats when failure can start to happen. If I am honest with everyone then I am honest with myself and that is the way we must be if we are to succeed.
      I am no paragon of virtue for sure but I try hard and hope that people believe me!
      Feel free to contact me anytime you wish.

6. Emma says:

for some reason my gmail won’t accept your email address. maybe that’s for the best, as intrigued is good, funnily enough you used to intrigue me when I used to see you in” The Swan”
    😉

7. Emma says:

oops sorry, realise I could be coming across as a bit of a nut. Just realise all these gorgeous women can see how much that you having going for you too. Swan was years ago.
    No need to be scared( that drone outside your window is nothing to do with me haha).

YAY what a great check up….and only 44 more pounds….I am so proud of you….and let the nasty little virus run its course….it seems the bugs are getting more potent these days….so happy for you Cameron….whooo hoooo weighing with all your clothes on….what a wonderful feeing…

9. leggypeggy says:

What an amazing journey you are on. And with such impressive results. You’re right to remember that muscle weighs more than fat, and that the last pounds can seem to take forever. Thanks for the follow on my travel blog. Now I’m off to explore more of yours.