No Stroll….? Stop The Press!

Good morning world and thanks for tuning in.

Unfortunately today there is no Sunday Stroll to report on and because of this it will be a very short “Hello Goodbye” post!

Yesterday I achieved the sum total of nothing. I had to cancel my big plans for the Sunday Stroll because I spent most of the day in my bed feeling a trifle under the weather. What was wrong I do not know but suffice to say I was tired and out of sorts.

A friend very kindly took the dog for his walk so I was spared the guilt of him missing his exercise however, I was reduced to spending the day on the sofa and in my bed as I simply could not shake that tiredness and lethargy I have been experiencing all week. Hopefully this will be it’s parting shot and will now leave me to get on with my life, get back to my training and most of all, simply get my daily routine back.

Today I am still feeling a bit left over although I am well enough to deal with the day. It is a little weird because now for several weeks it feels like I have done nothing but complain of being ill which is weird because the surgery I underwent was supposed to help me lose weight, get fitter and become more active thus reduce my time spent feeling like this.

I think I may ask the Doctor what might be the problem and see if he can shed a little light on it.

For now, I am sorry to say that is all there is. Nothing to report as once again I am writing this on the day of publication and yesterday did nothing of noteworthiness that you may be interested in!!

FOOD DIARY:Saturday 3rd October 2015

Qty Measure Food Calories (gr) Protein (gr) Carbs (gr) Fat (gr)
Breakfast  1  Small  Lean Sausage  111  12  3  8
 1  Small  Lean Bacon Rasher  122  26  0  12.5
 1  Large  Poached Egg  82  7.8  0  5.7
 1  100gms  Button Mushrooms  52.5  3.75  7.5  0.3
Lunch
 1 Small Bowl Quinoa and Greek Feta Prawn Salad  198  25  13  7.9
Dinner
 1 Small Bowl Beef, Noodle and Dumpling Stew  326  17  10  4
Snacks  2  400mls  Tea  11.8  0  0.8  0
Totals  903.3  81.55  34.3 38.4
Water  2 500mls Mineral Water  0  0  0  0

So very little to report here. Food was good on Saturday and macros were good also. Just as well I suppose as I haven’t been to the gym in over a week now!

No screenshots for you from yesterday as there was no activity taken and I am pretty sure the Jawbone doesn’t count steps when you are laying down!

Hopefully I shall be back at it again in a couple of days and my recent downtime will be but a memory.

29 thoughts on “No Stroll….? Stop The Press!

1. Emma says:

Morning lovely,
    it’s a shame to hear that you weren’t so good yesterday. I’m just wondering if maybe you are putting to much pressure on yourself, (you know that phrase, “trying to change the world by the weekend”) . This could be your bodies way of letting you know it needs a rest. A rest doesn’t mean that you’re returning to old habits, it just means” Rest, reboot, get your sweet little ass back on track, & chugging on down the line ! ” (turn of phrase is not meant to offend) Everyone cheering you on, take care 🙂

2. edmooneyphotography says:

Must agree with Emma, even champs get burned out, take the well needed rest and come back fighting, it may also be a bad case of the Winter blues or a combination of both. Get yourself down to the Doctor, perhaps you might just need a tonic, to give you a lift? I know the lack of sunshine during the winter months does have a rather bad effect of me.
    Hope your back on form real soon mate, 🙂

My redoutable Aunt Denny (lived in India in the last days of the Raj and never lost that air) used to say ‘no wonder you’re tired young lady – the sap is falling, it’s time to tuck up for the winter’. I wish you a more energetic week with the caveat that you remember that sap is draining away 🙂

4. simplysandilynn says:

Hope you are back to yourself real soon! Just think, before surgery something like this might hit you harder and longer. Surely all this healthy eating and exercise will help you with a speedy recovery. Like everyone says, it is good to listen to your body and rest when it tells you.

Bummer my friend….several things swirl through my head in the USA we all seem to be lacking Vit D, and a low level can leave you feeling just blah, and low energy…or being iron deficient can do the same….and my mother was always blah when the weather changed….her internal clack would get all whak-a-doodle for a better word…LOL and the seasons are a changing that’s for sure….or perhaps its just a bug and its taking its time to run its course…I definitely would have a talk with my MD and maybe some blood work to see if your lacking in any of the important stuff…..rest and feel no shame…stress can also do a nasty little number on your body…we that’s just my thoughts…but get some fresh air even if you just sit outside and breath….be well Cameron….kat

Thanks Kat.
      I did actually go out today and felt much better for it.
      Tomorrow I go to the hospital so will se what they say.
      Today I spoke to the Doc and he said to leave it a few more days to see if it passes as it may certainly just be a viral infection.
      I did used to suffer from SAD but now I do get plenty of daylight in the life so have not had any issues for years.
      I am thinking a virus or maybe a lack of Vits or Minerals.
      Maybe the hospital will run some bloods.
      Maybe however I have just turned lazy…. 😉

6. chattykerry says:

I am so sorry you have been unwell. Is there a possibility that you have been unable to absorb certain vitamins because of the surgery? A friend who has had the same surgery has recently been diagnosed with a thyroid disorder (don’t know if there is any connection).
    On the other hand there have been lots of virulent bugs around this year that take people ages to recover from. K x

7. Julie says:

well I had a spell on the couch today too! But your last post made me giggle as I lay there reading your words of days gone by I was trying to remember me at that age, I hate to admit I was a Bay City Roller, with checked flares (boy I was thin!), a bit of shang a lang, David Cassidy on my wall, and Donny Osmond of course, recording top of the pops and loved eating marathon bars. I didn’t kick the football around as the boys did that but I was pretty mean on the skateboard.
    I’m sorry you have had a down day or two, think you may need your bloods checking, I suppose you could be missing or lacking a vital ingredient! Take care

The BCR!! They are reforming Julie!
      Get those flares back out!!
      Yes Sundays were good back in the day.
      My older brother is a firm believer in modern life being rubbish by comparison and I have to confess to not being far behind him on elements of it.
      I hopefully get my bloods checked tomorrow so will raise the issue and see if they find anything.
      We can but try!