Good morning world and welcome to the weekend! I honestly thought I might be a little late on parade this morning as yesterday I went to the chiropractor to have my back pain looked at and amazingly enough after some discussion, both he and I think it has been caused by sitting in front of this computer! So to that end I was told to avoid it for 24 hrs at least. What can I say, I managed about 12 hours before withdrawal set in and am now having to write this on the very morning you get to read it so I hope through my sleepy haze we can both make some kind of sense of it all….
Anyway, back to the weekend and I trust you are looking forward to just as an enjoyable time as I am and to get things started on a much more happy note than I ended them yesterday, I should like to share with you some reasons that the Worlds Biggest Fridge Magnet should be cheerful. I have never actually made a list before for my blog so I would like to make one now around my halfway mark and see how it compares with the one I shall try to remember to make at the end of the blog in 8 months time (reminders for this will come in handy for sure 😉 )
Yesterday I was feeling a touch more philosophical than usual after my little wobble with the anxiety attack and thus decided it might be a good idea to maybe quantify some good aspects of how my life is today compared to a year ago. This past year has certainly been eventful but compared to the roller coaster ride that is my life, it’s just another day on planet earth….
So here we go then, and these are in no specific order, most are related to weight loss victories and some are just because.
- My achievements can make me smile and be proud of myself but I try to keep it on a lower key as I am still a work in progress.
- My dog is one of my best pals. He may be a proponent of cupboard love but he is always there in times of need.
- My family are the most supportive people I have ever met in my life. They pick me up when I am down, listen to my mad-cap ideas and put me straight when I am off course.
- I’ve allowed people to hurt me, deeply….but I’m still here.
- I will try to never let anyone hurt me again.
- I am yet to find my soul mate and best friend with whom I shall share the rest of my adventures with and although in the past I thought it may never happen today I feel much more confident that it will.
- I’ve been rich and poor…both bring out the unattractive and unpleasant in people.
- Clothes do not make the man…the man does (although a good pair of shoes do help 😉 )
- I’d like to think I’m ok and that I am beginning to like myself.
- I am so lucky I have already begun to climb the mountain us obese people must climb to lose weight.
- I am learning to once again like my own company..if I don’t then who will?
- Walking everyday in the fresh air helps with my mental health, keeps me active on days when I do not go to the gym and lets me spend quality time with my dog.
- So what if I don’t have a the latest clothes or go exotic holidays. I believe in many cases the acquisition of material things does not define you, it confines you.
- Everyone else’s life is NOT better than mine and the the grass is never greener so as I become happier in my new skin I am learning to like this fact.
- Sitting and reading a book at midday is not being lazy, it is called research or downtime.
- My true friends are who I truly want in my life. I believe that our world gets smaller as we get older and we must make proper friendships count. They are amazing, loyal, trustworthy, funny and I love them dearly.
- Just because I have a wobble or an anxiety attack every now and then doesn’t make me weak it simply means I am human like everyone else and again still a work in progress.
- Some people can be two faced liars however after many years of culling friendships and acquaintances, I am sure I have gotten rid of them from my life.
- Consuming a whole pack of Dark Chocolate Digestives is no longer a possible task so I no longer suffer from that kind of guilt
- I shop everyday and am lucky enough to be able to afford the nicer cuts and brands because unfortunately our Supermarkets own brand goods are never as good as the real thing.
- My life is for laughing, loving, giving and receiving. I’m going to live it and enjoy it and share it with people. I will not change the way I am just because it makes someone else uncomfortable.
- Since my operation and subsequent weight loss I now choose to embrace life and endeavour to enjoy everyday.
- I am lucky to spend my time sharing my stories with anyone who likes to read them.
- I consider myself fortunate to be considered an inspiration to many people around the globe.
- And finally, on the whole my life is good and getting better everyday so how could that not make me happy.
I would just like to add a big thank you to my friend Lisa for letting me use her lovely idea of the list which I have changed to be more Cameron centric and as much as I didn’t want to, I thought it best to leave out all make up and lip stick references…. 😉
FOOD DIARY:Thursday 1st October 2015
|Qty||Measure||Food||Calories (gr)||Protein (gr)||Carbs (gr)||Fat (gr)|
|1||Small||Lean Grilled Sausage||111||12||3||8|
|1||Small||Lean Grilled Bacon Rasher||122||26||0||12.5|
|1||100gms||Homemade Chicken Curry||175||19||13||7|
|Dinner||2||100gms||Lime Chilli Salmon Filet||358||35.2||4.6||7.1|
Food from Thursday wasn’t too bad. Starting with breakfast I only filled up on protein and very little carbohydrate then at lunch I went for flavour above all else but managed to keep the carbohydrate low with a smaller piece of Naan that I would usually have eaten. Dinner was excellent coming in with only pure protein but once again, that Mini Magnum reared it’s head so I have decided that it needs to go and they will no longer find their way into my shopping basket again because even if they are a semi sensible choice, they can be viewed as a gateway food and leave me craving other sugary foods. So over all I was happy with the outcome of the days food.
Once again I stopped myself from exercising and although I am feeling better day on day with my energy levels appearing to rise once again to a sensible level, I figure a continued rest for this weekend should see me be back to normal for the start of the week when I plan to start knocking it out of the park once more. Strangely enough, during this past couple of weeks where I haven’t been as active as I might ordinarily be my weight appears to have plateaued as well so maybe the two are linked? Possible although I do not know for sure not being a medical professional…. 😉
Still all is coming back to me once again so I shall soon be posting my annoying screenshots for you all to see. For now I am taking the opportunity to stop using my wearables for a couple days and give myself a break from the irritations these things can cause me.
So that is all for now, tomorrow I hope the weather will be fine as I plan as ever to take my littlest pal Archie for a good walk so if you tune back in on Monday, I should have some nice shots and walking reports for you…
Stay out of the fridge.