Morning folks and welcome back to the blog and a bit of normality at last. I am glad to report that yesterday I made it to the gym and I managed to walk the dog. I kept my food intake sensible and for the first time in three days I actually feel good about life and things in general 🙂
I suppose a good deal of this comes from the endorphins that have been banging around my brain since I got my blood pumping once more. It is a well known fact that exercise can help with mood stabilisation and feeling good about oneself, so I am happy to report that today I have that feeling and I am looking forward to continuing it throughout today as I once again attend the gym and walk his lordship on a decent length stomp. We may go up to the Ridgeway and get some more practise miles under our belt although that is weather dependant because up there with no cover, the weather can be quite formidable when it chooses to and that is either hot, wet or cold!
To be honest if the weather is too hot then I doubt very much if we shall make it up there. Do you remember the last time we did when it was warm? I had to take a picture of his lordship laying in a puddle trying to cool down, not his finest hour I should say! But I shall have to wait and see how it looks when it is time for the walk.
I suppose one good thing about having a couple of extra days rest is the fact that I seem to have a bit more energy to cope with the hotter temperatures in the gym and also making a mistake on the exercise bike and having to start again so I actually ended up doing over 2 minutes extra which as I have said before might not sound like much to some but to me is quite an achievement….
FOOD DIARY: Sunday 28th June 2015
|Qty||Measure||Food||Calories (gr)||Protein (gr)||Carbs (gr)||Fat (gr)|
|Breakfast||2||70gms||Slices Of Six Seeded Brown Batch Toasted Bread||280||16.8||36.4||13|
|Lunch||4||Mini Muffins||Egg, Cottage Cheese and Ham Mini Muffins||260||36||8||8|
|1||100gms||Spicy Mediterranean Chicken Breast||114.6||23.6||0.8||8.5|
|Dinner||1||110gms||Chilli and Lime Salmon Fillet||188||17||1.8||12.5|
|1||100gms||Wholegrain Brown Rice||127||2.8||23.3||2.1|
|1||175mls||Phd Diet Protein Whey||91||17||2.75||1.4|
|Water||2||500mls||Fizzy Mineral Water||0||0||0||0|
- A good food diary for Sunday even if my exercise was completely lacking. I did lounge around but my food intake was reflected in the amount of exertion I managed. I think this is just as well because my resting metabolic rate will now be around 1300 calories per day I would imagine (after the increase in fitness and decrease in body mass)
- So yesterday saw me back at it with renewed vigour. I actually managed to up parts of the training session at the end, meaning I increased the Bicep curls to near failure at 50 reps and I also managed 30 reps of each of the Oblique twist exercises.
- 3 x 30 Reps 25kg Abductor machine
- 3 x 30 Reps 25kg Adductor machine
- 3 x 30 Reps 30kg Abdominal Crunch machine
- 3 x 30 Reps 30kg Lower Back machine
- 3 x 30 Reps 25kg Cable Row
- 3 x 30 Reps 20kg Chest Press
- 3 x 30 Reps 20kg Pec Deck
- 3 x 30 Reps 20kg Tricep Pull Down
- 2 x 30 Reps 6kg (each arm) Bicep Dumbell Curl
- 1 x 50 Reps 6kg (each arm) Bicep Dumbell Curl
- 3 x 30 Standing Oblique 20kg Barbell Twists (15 each side)
- 3 x 30 Standing Russian Oblique Weighted Bar Twists (15 each side)
This was after a 3.02 mile walk with the dogs. I would as you know usually do the walk after the gym but with the weather so warm yesterday I had to think of the heat the dogs would have to walk in and it is no fun for them when it gets too much, meaning that we have to bring the walk to a close all too soon.
Fortunately we were busy bees and got out at 9am covering a Map My Walk route of just over 3 miles:
The Polar H7 gave me an accurate calorific burn reading of 1076 burned units:
And finally the Jawbone Up24 finished the day with a none too shabby 13,700 steps taken, meaning that I really have returned to the fold with a bang!
Let’s see if I can continue it this week….
Stay out of the fridge.