Do You Think I Might Have Run Out Of Puff?

Hi Y’all. Rest day for me yesterday so not much to report although due to the previous days lack of a gym session I decided I had best walk again and keep the muscles moving. I am wondering if in someway, because I no longer eat as much as I did, if I am taking on enough energy but then that doesn’t make sense because I eat so much more nutritionally than I have ever done before.

It’s a weird one.

One thing is for sure, I feel like I am running out of puff.

Maybe I’m like the Duracell Bunny with the drums. I have managed to go a lot further than my previous incarnation, but like all things must, I have finally run out of power and am scrabbling for my energy, turning my batteries, switching the ends and warming them up trying to eke out the final bits of power.

There are alway the supplements that can be added to the diet in a bid to counteract the tiredness and I have tried a sprayable B12 but assume that it requires time to work along with the Zinc and Magnesium vitamin supplements I am taking. Hopefully they will all eventually kick in and start to give me the energy I require, either that or I need more rest days in my exercise regime.

Lets see how it goes.

I suppose the back pain doesn’t help with my activity but then again I am only 3 months post surgery so should probably understand that it will not repair overnight but will take many long months of coaching and persuading back into shape before I am strong enough to move as freely as I truly want to. Again, patience is a virtue that when it comes to my wellbeing, is sadly lost on me…. 😉

Anyway, to business:

FOOD DIARY: Tuesday 9th June 2015

Qty Measure Food Calories (gr) Protein (gr) Carbs (gr) Fat (gr)
Breakfast 1  Biscuit  Weetabix  68  2.3  13  0.5
Total (gr)
Snacks  1  600mls  Tea 26  0  8  0
 2 1/8 Size pieces Homemade Pizza  213  17.5  11  10.25
 1/2  Bar  Almond Coconut Bar  197  4.3  2.5  18.72
Total (gr)  1309.1  94.5  64.95  65.97
Water 2  500mls  Mineral Water  0  0  0  0

Not a bad days food intake although maybe a bit heavy on the Pizza and having those two small pieces as a snacks at different times of the day was not the best idea, but then that is the whole idea for the diary. It lets me know where I slip up and eventually I hope it becomes second nature to question whether I really need the snacks at all.

So unlike me, todays post is very quick as there is nothing to report on the exercise front as I did not go to the gym and although I walked, it was more of a stroll with the dog than it was real regimented exercise, although we found a new exciting path to follow that goes through some very nice woods with lots of smells for the dog whilst offering a good amount of shade to keep him cool. It is certainly sure to feature in future treks.

Hopefully be back to full reporting strength tomorrow so please do come back and read a little more.

‘Till Tomorrow,

6 thoughts on “Do You Think I Might Have Run Out Of Puff?

Everyone’s energy goes in peaks and troughs. I assume that your calorie intake is prescribed as sufficient for your frame, your body type and to support exercise. This being the case, you will have better days and worser days. I think that you probably have a little tiny bit too much time to think and thinking can get the better of the best man and one who has had the depression and anxiety that you have had is bound to be more vulnerable. Keep walking. Really – it is the best exercise of all not just for the body but for the mind as well. Much has been written about it being a weapon in the war against altzheimers for instance. 🙂

2. Worlds Biggest Fridge Magnet says:

I had no idea walking was linked to Alzheimers. It’s amazing how something so simple can be so effective. You are probably correct about over thinking about things as I am always looking for new things to write and discuss for this blog and the You Tube channel so it does seem to be prevalent at these times. I shall strive from now to be much more effective in thoughts and try the “just getting on with it” approach for a while… 😉

3. coteetcampagne says:

I am no expert (just a mad old bag who has seen, done and lived it all!) but you are combining regular gym time with a (albeit enforced) minimal diet with limited carbs. No wonder your energy levels and stamina are dipping.
    Your body is telling you to slow down a little

You have done really, really well thus far so don’t push yourself too hard, I know that when we have a goal in sight we all put ourselves under pressure, but I think that right now you need an alternative focus to run parallel with fighting back to fit and devote as much time and energy on that as you do on the diet/exercise plan. The writing ?

You may well be right. I am a bit of an obsessive when it comes to exercise or any past time for that matter. I have actually changed my regime so will see how that goes over the coming week. I have also been thinking about changing to an alternate day scenario because for the past couple of weeks I have neglected my writing for sure so maybe alternate days would help me repair and recuperate whilst allowing me to get more from my writing. I am actually due at the Doc’s this morning so I shall ask him plus I can ask my friend who owns my gym and see if I am overdoing it for what I am consuming.
      Stay tuned for more reports..!

Researchers at Harvard have made the link with walking and staving off onset senility/altzheimers, Cam. They think it is because the mind is being stimulated in a whole spectrum of sensory ways as well as fed with oxygen and happy hormones. They recommend that you walk a variety of different walks – as many as there are available in your area …. its a good enough excuse for me to get out there every day. As for Gyms … well they have their place, of course but as my friend above rightly says, it is easy to burn more than you should and you must must must not rush this – its for life and we want you to have a long life 🙂

As you know I am in constant battle with myself over the timescale but today after a family friend died (my mums next door neighbour I knew all my life and called her aunty Stella) so I wasn’t surprised I was able just to say no to doing anything and simply relaxing and almost giving over my thoughts to her today.
      I need to smell the roses on my walks and do things at an appropriate level with an appropriate amount of rest. Lets just hope my new regime (that I managed one day of…) is a winner.